Spinach Artichoke Dip
Every Christmas, I make this Christmas evening and serve with tortilla chips as a light snack. Makes a good alternative to heavy leftovers rewarmed.
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions
1 garlic clove, minced
2 T butter
1 bunch of fresh spinach or one 10 oz box of frozen spinach, drained well
2 T flour
1 c heavy cream
1 3/4 c shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese
2 T pine nuts, roasted
Saute artichoke hearts, green onions and garlic in butter. Add spinach and cook until it wilts. Stir in flour and cook 1-2 minutes. Add cream, heat till almost boiling, and add cheeses. I roast my pine nuts slowly in a skillet so that they are slightly browned before adding to the dip. Roasting gives the pine nuts more flavor. Season with salt and pepper and serve. I usually just leave the dip in the skillet and let everyone serve themselves. This dip is very rich, so a little goes a long way.
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions
1 garlic clove, minced
2 T butter
1 bunch of fresh spinach or one 10 oz box of frozen spinach, drained well
2 T flour
1 c heavy cream
1 3/4 c shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese
2 T pine nuts, roasted
Saute artichoke hearts, green onions and garlic in butter. Add spinach and cook until it wilts. Stir in flour and cook 1-2 minutes. Add cream, heat till almost boiling, and add cheeses. I roast my pine nuts slowly in a skillet so that they are slightly browned before adding to the dip. Roasting gives the pine nuts more flavor. Season with salt and pepper and serve. I usually just leave the dip in the skillet and let everyone serve themselves. This dip is very rich, so a little goes a long way.
Comments
Post a Comment